Thursday, March 3, 2011

Space Wolves Wolf Guard Terminator step by step - part one

Hi folks,

Usually Wednesdays are days when I put aside my hobby and shop and spend time with my little son. A cute little guy. Few days ago my wife's mother visit us, so she took Artur from me around 8 p.m. and I was able to start new project - Wolf Guard Terminator. Yesterday I've spended three hours and the progress is high. I've already take 37 shoots. Of course I will not show you all today, you have to be patient. ;) Today you will see the first part of it. I'm sure that on Friday night this guy will be finished.

After cleaning the whole model with soap and water and afterr drying I've started to paint. using Chaos Black spray I've basecoated the whole body. For basecoating the head I've used Skull White spray.







After basecoating using airbrush I've applied Dark Flesh paing on the whole model.




When the paint dried using a citadel large brush with stipple method I've started to apply watered down Vermin Brown paint on the whole model.





Last 'rusting' coat is made with Blazing Orange paint, using stipple method with the brush mentioned above.



Next I've used sponge and Winstor Masking Fluid on the whole model. I took sponge from metal blister.


And that's it for today. Check our blog tomorrow for part two of this tutorial.

Regards,
Gimiak

6 comments:

  1. You're off to an intriguing start. I sense that you're going to be wiping that masking fluid away later to reveal some pretty awesome rust effects. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. It will be around five - seven small articles with steps how to paint Space Wolvie. Every day, starting today, around 10 a.m. (local time) I will reveal progress with more and more pics.

    If this article (as a whole) will be interessting and intriguing simultaneously, I will make another one taking on the dative other fractions miniatures. Time will show. ;) I'm also condidering to paint two or three different models at once, and put with the same method each day something else. This one is created for testing purpose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rost looks good, excited to see the finished weathering in Space Wolve scheme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read you have used the stipple method to paint the different tones of the rust. Could a sponge be used to do something similar instead?

    By the way, as mentioned before, very interesting begining. Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you could use sponge. This is the first infantry model on which I've used rusting stipple method. Before I've used it couple of times with my vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tutorial! I will try your method on some minis:)

    ReplyDelete