Saturday, April 23, 2011

Grey Knight Paladins - WIP and some Brother Bethor colors.

Hi.

After finishing my last terminator I started working on 5 GK paladins. I glued them, made some bases and undercoated them. This time I will be painting in NMM so this will be a challenge but I hope it will suit those terminators well.


I promised you to post what colors I have used for my Brother Bethor Terminator so here you have them.

Silver Metalics:

- Boltgun Metal as base,

- then I made a heavy wash with Dabab Black,

- the next step was to correct some places with Boltgun Metal,

- first highlight was made with Chainmail,

- and the final one was made using Mithril Silver.

- then I have done some shading to direct the reflected light and make some contrast and for this I used glazes of: Dabab Black Wash, Asurmen Blue Wash and a glaze I made from Vallejo Heavy Violet.

Golden Metalics:

- Tin Bitz as base color,

- Dwarven Bronze as first highlight,

- Shining Gold as next highlight,

- at this stage I made a Delvian Mud wash and a Hawk Turquoise wash only in some places,

- next was a highlight with Burnished Gold,

- for final highlights I used Mithril Silver.

Red weapon, shields and seals ware made using:

- Macharite Red as base color,

- for shadows I used a 1:1 mix of Macharite Red and Regal Blue,

- then I highlighted it to Blood Red,

- the next step was a highlight using a 1:1 mix of Bleched Bone and Blood Red,

- at this stage I glazed the last highlight with blood red so it looked as strong and clear Blood Red,

- and the final highlight was made using the same Bleched Bone/Blood Red mix but only on the edges,

The face was painted using:

- Talran Flesh as base,

- then I shaded it with a mix of Talaran Flesh/Blood Red/Regal Blue (1:1:1).

- the first highlight was made using a Talran Flesh/Elf Flesh mix,

- the second highlight was made using a mix of Elf Flesh and Bleched Bone,

- the next highlight was made using Bleched Bone,

- and for the final highlight I used Skull White.

Blue Energy hammer and some other additions ware made using:

- Necron Abyss as base,

- then I highlighted it to Enchanted blue,

- the next highlight was made using a mix of Enchanted Blue and Skull White,

- and the final highlight was made using Skull White.

Paper stuff :

- A mix of Khemri Brown and regal blue (2:1) as base,

- next was a highlight of Khemri Brown,

- the second highlight was Deheb Stone,

- next was a mix of Bleched Bone and Deheb Stone,

- and for the final highlight I used Skull White.

And that is all :D

-RED

No comments:

Post a Comment