Saturday, July 6, 2013

Death Guard Dreadnought


Hello everyone
   In the end I managed to finish painting Death Guard Drednought model which was specially painted for the competition MoI in Radom. Eventually I received distinction. Given the length of my painting (2.5 years) and very strong competitors it was a success for me and motivation for further work.
   As I wrote in a previous article long time ago I was looking for an idea for a painting of this model because I think it is really cool and has a mass of detail. I worked hard and a lot of brush work was done to make it look good but from among of all models which I painted this gave me the greatest pleasure. I managed to obtain what I planned, although it was quite the complicated process because of the huge amount of glazes, it took me about 80h but it was worth it.
I leave it to you to evaluate.

  For me personally Nurgle is associated with rot, wounds pus, blood, pimples, sickness and everything else that disgusting. I tried to imitate it on my model using different shades of green, brown and yellow mixing them together in various proportions.
The colors which I used to
Camouflage green VGC - the base color of the aero on black primer
Vermin Brown CC
Brown Burbonic CC
Rotting flesh CC
Green Goblin VGC
Dead flesh VGC
Hormagaunt purple CF
Smoke VMC
Regal blue CC
Baal red CW
Leviathan Purple CW
Brown ink VMC
Old gold VM

Whole model was painted clean, although it has illustrate rotting and disgusting.


Witam wszystkich
    W końcu udało mi sie skończyć malowanie Drednota od Death Guardów, model był specjalnie malowany na konkurs MoI w Radomiu. Ostatecznie otrzymałem tam wyróżnienie. Biorąc po uwagę mój staż malarski ( 2,5 roku ) i bardzo silnych konkurentów jest to dla mnie sukces i motywacja do dalszej pracy.
    Jak pisałem we wcześniejszym artykule długo szukałem pomysłu na pomalowanie tego modelu bo moim zdaniem jest naprawdę super i ma masę detali. Ciężko i sporo pracowałem pędzlem żeby dobrze wyglądał  ale z pośród wszystkich modeli które pomalowałem ten dał mi największą przyjemność. Udało mi sie uzyskać to co sobie zaplanowałem chociaż był to dość skomplikowany proces ze względu na ogromną ilość glejzów, zajęło mi to około 80h ale było warto.
Pozostawiam go wam do oceny.


  Mi osobiście Nurgle kojarzy się ze zgnilizną, ranami, ropą, krwią, pryszczami, chorobą i wszystkim innym co ochydne. Starałem się to odwzorować na moim modelu używając różnych odcieni zieleni, brązu i żółci mieszając je ze sobą w różnych proporcjach.
Kolory jakich używałem to
Camouflage green VMC - bazowy kolor z aero na czarny podkład
Vermin brown CC
Burbonic brown CC
Rotting flesh CC
Goblin green VMC
Dead flesh VMC
Hormagaunt purple CF
Smoke VMC
Regal blue CC
Baal red CW
Leviathan purple CW
Brown ink VMC
Old gold VM
Cały model był malowany czysto, choć ma obrazować zgnilizne i obrzydlistwo.











Greetings
LUK



2 comments:

  1. Will you never stop amazing me ?
    A great piece again... Thank you.

    Alskayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate, I'm really glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete